WRiTEON is an open scriptwriting forum made up of a large and diverse group of writers, actors, directors and producers from the Cambridge region and beyond. We have 50+ writer members and nearly 600 subscribers to our regular newsletter.
What we do:
- Provide a supportive and creative environment to encourage established and emerging scriptwriters, actors and directors to experiment and develop their skills.
- Stage regular rehearsed readings – First Stage (formerly Naked Stage) and MaD (Monologues and Duologues) and occasional ad hoc productions.
- Run a monthly informal script reading group which provides support and critical feedback on new scripts, including screen and radio plays.
- Organise professionally led workshops and panel discussions for theatre, radio and screen writers, actors and directors.
- Produce a newsletter including submission, audition and training opportunities for writers and actors in the region, as well as sharing the news, productions and successes of our community.
- Work with other organisations in Cambridge to foster the vibrant performing arts community of our city.
Our annual report for 2013-14 is available here.
Details of previous events are available here.
Who runs WRiTEON?
WRiTEON is run by a committee comprising Julia Bolden (Chairperson & Newsletter Editor), Mary Nathan (Treasurer), Gill Saxon (Publicity), Andrew Shepherd, David Monksfield, Kim Komljanec, Leigh Chambers, Richard Peoples & Trish Rawson.
Want to take part?
WRiTEON is an open forum – we welcome people of all levels of experience, and value the socialising as well as the art! See the home page or subscribe to our newsletter for details of what’s going on now – and come along to a performance or workshop to see what we do.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org