WRiTEON is an open scriptwriting forum made up of a large and diverse group of writers, actors, directors and producers from the Cambridge region and beyond. We around 60 members and over 600 subscribers to our regular newsletter.
What we do:
- Provide a supportive and creative environment to encourage established and emerging playwrights, actors and directors to experiment and develop their skills.
- Stage regular rehearsed readings – First Stage (formerly Naked Stage) and MaD (Monologues and Duologues) fully staged productions and occasional ad hoc productions of new writing.
- Run a monthly informal script reading group which provides support and critical feedback on new scripts, including screen and radio plays.
- Organise professionally led workshops and panel discussions for theatre, radio and screen writers, actors and directors.
- Produce a newsletter including submission, audition and training opportunities for writers and actors in the region, as well as sharing the news, productions and successes of our community.
- Work with other organisations in Cambridgeshire to foster the vibrant new writing and community of our region.
Our annual report for 2014-15 is available here.
Who runs WRiTEON?
WRiTEON is run by a committee comprising Kim Komljanec (Chairperson & Newsletter Editor), Izzy Rees (Treasurer), David Monksfield, James Stedman, Leigh Chambers, Richard McNally, Richard Peoples & Trish Rawson.
Committee members are confirmed yearly at every AGM, though changes sometimes happen during the year, so do get in touch if you would like to put your own or someone else’s name forward for this role.
WRiTEON’s workshops, courses and projects are run either by WRiTEON’s members with relevant education or experience (as well as the needed time and interest) or by outside professionals. The fees paid to facilitators are agreed on a case-by-case basis, but when the facilitator is a WRiTEON member, this tends to be at a nominal rate. Course and project proposals are welcome from all WRiTEON members..
Want to take part?
WRiTEON is an open forum – we welcome people of all levels of experience, and value the socialising as well as the art! See the home page or subscribe to our newsletter for details of what’s going on now – and come along to a performance or workshop to see what we do.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org